Compendium of Materia Medica, written by a very famous Chinese pharmacologist Dr. Li Shi Zhen, classifies Lingzhi into six categories by colour. They are Black Lingzhi, Purple Lingzhi, Blue Lingzhi, White Lingzhi, Yellow Lingzhi, and Red Lingzhi.
Wild Lingzhi is very rare and is difficult to collect. Even if someone finds it by chance, its effects are always lost because of lignification. It becomes hard like wood. They may also be toxic. Since they are haphazardly collected, quality control is impossible.
In 1970, a researcher of Kyoto University Foodstuff Scientific Research Institute, Mr. Yukio Naoi, used 'Spore Separation Cultivation Method' to successfully cultivate Lingzhi.
This method was introduced to Taiwan 1975. Since the climate and soil conditions are ideal, this technique has become widely adopted.
The Magical Effects of Lingzhi:
Lingzhi has always been shrouded with a mysterious veil for thousands of years. People only knew 'Lingzhi can keep one young and give one a long life if taken continuously', but no one had ever scientifically investigated why it was so effective.
Under the attentive research done by both Chinese and foreign scholars in recent years, as well as the collaborative analyses and clinical experiments done by hospitals, colleges, and pharmaceutical manufacturers, its extensive efficacy has finally been discovered. It is a hematocathartic, detoxicant, diuretic agent, liver protector, intestine regulator, cardiotonic, blood pressure adjustor, a cold tonic, antitussive agent and expectorant, a tranquilizer and an anti-tumor drug.
Important components of Lingzhi:
- Organic Germanium (Ge) : Can increase the oxygen absorbed by the blood beyond 1.5 times, promote metabolism, and prevent premature ageing.
- Polysaccharides : These can improve the body's immune system and eliminate viruses. Japanese pharmaceutical companies have refined it into a medicine and it has been approved by the Health Ministry of Japan as preventive medicine.
- Adenosine: Remarkable in subduing the formation of thrombi, cleansing the blood, and improving functions of the circulatory system. Some plants may contain either germanium or polysaccharides but Lingzhi has both, which give it its miraculous efficacy
Pharmacological Actions of Lingzhi:
According to Dr. Shigeru Yuji's clinical experiments, the reason why Lingzhi is effective is because of its basic functions.
- Lowers cholesterol in the blood and the amount of excessive fat.
- Reduces blood sugar level and restore pancreas functions.
- Lowers blood lipids and stabilizes red cell membrane.
- As it contains Adenosine, it can inhibit blood platelet's aggulation, break down thrombi, and prevent thrombogenesis.
- Improves the function of the cortes of the adrenal glands to maintain endocrine balance.
- Elevates the natural healing ability of the body and allows the body to establish a strong immune system.
- Prevents tissue cell degeneration.
- Prevents senility, maintaining a youthful constitution.
- Reduces the side effects of anti hypertensive drugs.
- Prevents organic is degeneration.
- Prevents allergy caused by antigens, because it inhibits the release of histamine.
- Helpful in the prevention and treatment of cancer and inhibits cancer cell metastasis.
- Normalizes body functions to prevent tissue degeneration.
- Prevents sudden death of cancer patients caused by thrombosis.
- Inhibits thrombogenesis, breaks down thrombi on the wall of surrounding tissues and removes blockade of cancer medication, hence increasing the effectiveness of anti-cancer drugs.
- Relieves pain caused by cancer.
Lingzhi - the saviour for modern people
Yukio Naoi of Kyoto University Foodstuff Scientific Institute
Is Lingzhi really a universal medicine? Let's not talk about the diseases prevalent in history, but of modern diseases. In order to find the answer, we have investigated its functions over and again for thirteen years. Satisfactory results have been obtained.
The first issue is whether Lingzhi can be effective on all kinds of diseases. Our answer is 'yes',because it is able to maintain the health of the modern people. For an unhealthy person, Lingzhi can activate the functions of the most feeble parts of his body. To a patient, it can root out the source of the sickness and allow recovery. Lingzhi can change an imbalanced body to a healthy one. There is no difference among human races. If the patient's constitution conforms to Lingzhi, it will attain its highest effects. In fact, we have not found any person who experience negative effects or inefficient results through the consumption of Lingzhi.
The efficacy of Lingzhi is evident through the following clinical cases:
1. Headache and shoulder pain caused by hypertension and arteriosclerosis are completely cured, and blood pressure is also improved.
Reported by Mr. Isao Tani, lecturer of Medical Research Institute of Kinki University
The experimental subjects were predominantly hypertension patients. Blood pressure showed significant improvement. One patient with a reading of 180/196mmHg had a reading of 126/194mmHg after three months. Such remarkable improvement is rarely seen without using anti hypertensive drug.
Some female arteriosclerosis patients blood pressure dropped to 128/67mmHg from 158/177mmHg within three months. Their cholesterol level also improved from 269 to 242.
Some patients had hypertension with headache and shoulder pain. Their blood pressure dropped from151/78mmHg to118/72mmHg in one month, and some with their headaches eliminated altogether.
A good number of patients also had conditions and subjective symptoms improved.
Based on the above results, we may see that Lingzhi is useful to hypertension patients. Using anti-hypertensive drug to lower blood pressure can lower the systolic pressure, but not the diastolic pressure. Lingzhi can lower both. This is its outstanding quality.
2. Why is it effective for both systolic pressure and diastolic pressure?
Dr. Shigeru Yuji of Kinki University gives five explanations why Lingzhi is effective for cardio-vascular diseases:
- Treats hypertension and hypotension.
- Prevents arteriosclerosis, lowers cholesterol level.
- Prevents thrombogenesis and breaks down thrombi.
- Reduces the side effects of anti hypertensive drugs.
- Used together with anti hypertensive drugs can elevate the effects of lowering
Cancer, sudden death and vascular obstruction diseases are threats no more.
Development of arteriosclerosis (Cross-section of blood vessel)
3. It is also effective in treating cerebral vascular obstruction, cardiac infarction, cerebral apoplexy, and angina pectoris.
Reported by Mr. Uebara Kioshi, lecturer of Kinki University
Taking Lingzhi can reduce the serious symptoms of the above diseases. Among these cases was a patient with a right cerebral arterial obstruction which occurred twice. He received the best results after taking Lingzhi and Urokinase together. Complete mobility was finally restored.
A patient suffering from cerebral vascular obstruction, who was partially paralyzed, could move freely after taking Lingzhi. His excessive fat and 6-lipo protein value returned to normal.
Taking Lingzhi can also improve the conditions of insomnia and infarction in cardiac patients. This proves that taking Lingzhi together with other drugs can bring in better results, as evident in my clinical experiments with patients who were seriously ill. It is true that prevention is always better than cure, and taking Lingzhi on a long-term basis can prevent the onset of diseases.
4. It is effective in the treatment of acute and chronic hepatitis and liver dysfunction.
Reported by Dr. Mitsui Hashimoto, Head of Hashimoto Hospital
At the present time, hepatitis is still a disease which cannot be treated with any specific method. I precribed Lingzhi for hepatitis patients and it proved to be exceptional.
Six capsules per day were prescribed to some patients who could not benefit from other drugs. Three months later, all the patients were recovering; their GOT and GPT values decreased from 200-300 to 100.
In addition, one patient who used Lingzhi together with some Chinese herbal medicines resulted in a decreased GOT and GPT. There was one case of hepatitis complicated with hypertension. After taking Lingzhi, satisfactory results were obtained.
The above conditions were not conclusively satisfactory, but positive results of taking Lingzhi on hepatitis can be expected.
When liver function is declining, the patient may get extremely tired. Taking Lingzhi can help ease fatigue.
5. The fallacy that 'Liver disease is incurable' should be abandoned.
The liver is one of the most important organs for health. Liver function is quite complicated. Therefore, liver disease is considered difficult to treat, and dietetic
treatment is the only method adopted by Western physicians. However, Lingzhi is able to make the complicated organ function and have it return to normal. Based on our practical investigation, Lingzhi can contribute a very positive effect. Dr. Shigeru Yuji reported that 10% of liver disorders could be cured after taking it for two months. 40% of the patients were relieved of their symptoms, and their liver sizes were reduced. 50% of the patients felt their symptoms diminished.
6. Effective against gastrointestinal diseases and bodyweight problems.
6-1 Pain from gastritis, gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, etc. can be relieved immediately.
Reported by Dr. Taro Tamura, pharmacist of Kinki University
We used Lingzhi in gastritis, gastric ulcer, and duodenal ulcer treatment. The most interesting case was of a man, who had developed a gastric ulcer when he was young and the problem had recently recurred. Other medicines were ineffective, but one week after beginning treatment with Lingzhi, his pain was significantly reduced. When the dosage was reduced, he felt pain on alternate days or almost no pain at all.
This treatment is also effective for gastritis developed after operation on stomach cancer and duodenal ulcer patients who suffer from chest pain, loss of appetite, and gastric ulcer patients who are fatigue and feeble. Some patients who had suffered from duodenal ulcer had their facial complexion improved and they put on weight gradually after taking Lingzhi.
6-2 Lingzhi protects patients suffering from gastrointestinal diseases due to over-eating, dietary bias, or food poisoning.
It has surprising results in treating dysentery, constipation, gastric hyperacidity, and peptic ulcer. Its effects are equal to that of medicines now in common use. Dr. Shigeru Yuji also reported its high efficacy in treating gastritis and ulcers. The main function of the stomach and the intestines is to absorb the required nutrients in food, then excrete the wastes before fermentation. People usually eat too much, have imbalanced diets, or suffer from food poisoning, then their digestive organs are damaged. Lingzhi not only protects the organs but can improved the functioning of the digestive tract.
6-3 0ver-eating no longer a problem among people suffering from obesity.
After World War I I, people were poor and did not have enough food to eat. It was needless to care about obesity, for most people were very lean. Due to medical advancement and improved economic conditions, contagious diseases and poverty are much less of a problem, while cases of chronic diseases and different kinds of adult diseases are increasing.
It was found in our investigation that thin people who take Lingzhi can gain weight, while overweight people can lose weight instead. No matter how old or young, whether male or female, whatever one's constitution, Lingzhi allows a person to maintain optimal body weight and figure. Lingzhi will adjust the constitution and regulate physiologial functions if ocne takes it regularly.
Since Lingzhi can eliminate obesity, overweight people do not need to worry about their obese figures and figure-conscious women do not need to suffer the pain and ill effects of dieting and weight loss drugs.
7. Exceptional in speeding up recovery after surgery and subduing cancer cells.
7.1 Taking Lingzhi together with chemotherapy may have significant results for patients who have had surgery for breast cancer, colon cancer, or gastric cancer.
Reported by Dr. Hiroshi Kawai, lecturer of Kinki University
The experimental subjects were patients who were treated improperly after surgery, and patients who were suffering from the side effects of chemotherapy.
After a mastectomy, one patient's face turned gloomy. After taking Lingzhi for two months, her facial complexion improved.
One patient's limbs became paralyzed and swollen after a mastectomy. After consuming Lingzhi for one month, the numbness significantly improved.
Some patients used Lingzhi together with some herbal medicines for ten days after a colostomy. Night sweats disappeared and appetites improved.
Some patients who had had a gastric cancer operation lost their appetites. When six capsules of Lingzhi were taken each day, their appetites improved.
In view of the above results, we can see that Lingzhi taken with chemotherapy can be a valuable auxiliary treatment and side effects of chemotherapy can be reduced.
7.2 Prevents metastasis of cancerous cells, relieves pain, and promotes Longevity.
Lingzhi belongs to the Polyporacease of fungi family, and is believed to be an effective cancer treatment in Japan, China, the U.S.A., Canada, the U.S.S.R. and Scotland. Some medical specialists in different countries are using the latest scientific instruments to do clinical test, e.g. Prof. Ta-cheng, Medical College of the National Taiwan University; Prof. Cheng Hui-hua and Prof. Tung Ui-chi of Taipei Medical College. The experimental results have proven that Lingzhi is effective in cancer treatment. Information concerning Lingzhi in treating cancer collected from research reports are as listed below.
- The anti-cancer components of Lingzhi are polysaccharides and germanium.
- Its efficacy is of "composite nature" with multiplying effects. Thus no effects can be obtained when taken separately.
- It can strengthen stamina, elevate the immune system and restrain metastasis of cancerous cells.
- After undergoing surgery, it is helpful for patients with cancerous problems such as esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, breast cancer, intestinal cancer and uterine cancer.
- It can eliminate cancerous ascites, increase appetite and relieve the pain of
- It can be used together with other cancer treatments, such as surgery, radiation or combined with chemotherapy. It has no side effects and is effective.
Based on the above clinical reports, we can see that Lingzhi possesses cancer preventing, subduing and curing qualities.
Most of us may have tooth decay, short-sightedness or cancer factors in us when we are young, and these problem car? take their toll at any time. We should try our best to prevent them from occurring. If we want to prevent tooth decay, we should eat more foods that are rich in calcium and avoid sweets. If we want to avoid short-sightedness, we should take more vitamin A and avoid eye fatigue. If we want to prevent cancer, we should consume Lingzhi and avoid an imbalanced diet.
8. Lingzhi is also effective in treating venous aneurysm, pain on the waist and shoulders, and rheumatism of the hands and knees. It can also treat sciatica.
Reported by Dr. Taro Kiyobara, Head of the Hospital of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Lingzhi can be used to treat lumbago, pain of the hands, shoulders and knees. There is one case of venous aneurysm which improved a little.
Also, consuming Lingzhi for a month can be helpful for patients suffering from spur. Thus it can be seen that Lingzhi is considerably effective in the treatment of pain caused by problems relating to the blood, blood vessels or hematoma on the torso.
As to shoulder, neck and knee pain, in one case the pain was originated from a deformed knee, another two cases were related to painful neck and shoulder, the pain was relieved.
Treating pains that result from vascular or blood disturbance can be very effective
9. Remarkable for gynecological diseases.
9-1 Lingzhi is also effective in treating gynecological problems, such as menstrual cramps, dizziness, menopause disturbances, etc.
Reported by Dr. Yoshinori Imanishi, Head of the Imanish Gyenesology and Obstetrics Hospital
The writer, who is an OB-GYN specialist, prescrtb ed Lingzhi to women patients who had menstrual cramps, dizziness, irregular menstruation, menopausal disturbances, and difficulty in getting pregnant.
There were three cases which showed positive results. A 46 year old woman, took Lingzhi for one month after which her dizziness and shoulder pains were relieved. A pregnant woman had distress in her chest and no appetite. After treatment with Lingzhi her condition improved. One woman with a physiological disorder was married for many years, but could not conceive. After taking Lingzhi for three months, she became pregnant.
There are two cases where positive results were obtained from combining Lingzhi with herbal medicines. In the first case, serious dizziness and shoulder pain was relieved in three months In the second case, abdominal pain was reduced.
Lingzhi can relieve postpartum symptoms, acting as a hermocatharsis, diuretic, and a detoxicant.
9.2 Lingzhi should be regarded as essential during pregnancy and delivery.
When a woman becomes pregnant, her parents may wonder if it is safe to give her Lingzhi. The expectant mother may become moody, especially if it is her first pregnancy.
During pregnancy, women are quite sensitive to outer stimulation, both mentally and physically. Though it is a natural phenomenon, most women have difficulty adapting to it.
During this period, taking Lingzhi may act as a hemocatharsis, a diuretic, and as a detoxicant, allowing the fetus to develop normally. It is said that Lingzhi may help the woman who has difficulty in getting pregnant, or who has had habitual miscarriage before. Prof. Kanata of Tohoku University believes that taking Lingzhi can improve sexual drive of both the male and female, intensifying the activity of spermatozoa and regulating ovulation of the female.
Information from different sources reveals that Lingzhi may be thought of as the 'friend of the female'. It should be considered an essential tonic for women.
10. Lingzhi may effect a near to 100% cure for renal diseases.
Kidney or renal disease is also one of the most difficult diseases to cure. They include acute or chronic nephritis, diabetic renal syndrome, nephrosis and rheumatic fever. These may be due in part to a high cholesterol count and a high blood sugar level. The kidneys are overloaded and blood cannot reach renal capillaries. Nephrosis results, with edema, urine retention, fatigue and possibly serious uremia.
Prof- Fumio Tsurudani of the Nagayo University Medical Institute, Japan, did an experiment with patients suffering from renal disease, to check the effectiveness of Lingzhi. It was found that it could not only lower proteinuria and cholesterolemia, but could also maintain proper renal function.
Based on our experimental results, renal disease can be cured near to 100% by taking Lingzhi. It is indeed a surprising achievement.
11. Diabetes is no more a dreaded disease.
It is said that once you have diabetes, your life will be tangled with it. However, we cured a number of diabetic cases with Lingzhi.
As we know, insufficient insulin secretion is the cause of diabetes, and this results in some serious complications. Currently, Western physicians use insulin injections as the only treatment. Though insulin is able to lower blood sugar level, the symptoms recur very soon. Furthermore, it is just like a cortisone hormone injection, which is known to entail many side effects. Insulin is unable to recover pancreas function, and it speeds up the ageing of the organ.
Over the years, Medical Research Institute of Kinki University found through experiments that Lingzhi has the same function as insulin. Accordingly, after taking Lingzhi, not only can insulin deficiency be supplemented, but it can also make the pancreas regain its original function. In addition, it does not have any side effects like injections do.
Curing diabetic condition without the need of injection is another feature that makes Lingzhi miraulous.
12. The occurrence of hereditary diseases can be prevented.
Many kinds of hereditary diseases have a high occurrence rate. If you are healthy at this moment, you want to maintain this condition all your life, Lingzhi can help you to achieve this goal. Lingzhi's outstanding feature is that "It can adequately reflect slight symptoms of diseases, keeping the human body in harmonious condition". This is the conclusion derived from experiments on thousands of people.
Lingzhi is a kind of medicinal food with over two thousand years of human experience. After long term experiments, its pharmacological nature has been further clarified, and it is widely used to maintain the health of human beings. Its position in the medical field has been firmly established.
13. Lingzhi is also effective in the treatment of difficult and mysterious diseases.
Lingzhi can be helpful in curing diseases with unknown causative factors to restore normal physiological functions. The so-called "difficult" and "mysterious" diseases include:
- No causes can be identified.
- Even if the cause can be identified, it is untreatable with medication or drugs. For example, blood pressure disorders are caused by many factors, but it is too complicated to understand the source and eliminate it. Even though anti hypertensive drugs can relieve the symptoms, the source cannot be eliminated.
For diseases that cannot be treated adequately with medicine, cannot be accurately diagnosed, or cannot be cured by Western drugs, Lingzhi can be considered a precious panacea. Only Lingzhi can treat these diseases successfully, hence eliminating the root cause of various puzzling diseases.
Directions On The Consumption of Lingzhi
1. Dosage Directions :
- Dosage for specific cases : Six or more capsules a day (to be split into 2 or 3 times and taken with empty stomach).
- Dosage for general health-care: Three or more capsules a day (to be taken on empty stomach).
2. Cautions :
- As Lingzhi is a natural food, it can be taken together with western medicines or traditional formulations.
- In the morning after consumption, you should take a slow jog or a brisk walk to warm up the body (ideally to the extent that you feel the warmth throughout your body but before it starts to perpire). You may take deep breaths to get some fresh air, and to supply the body with more oxygen, hence improving circulation and metabolism.
- Defecate once a day.
- Avoid foods rich in animal fat, fried and stale foods or pickles. Also reduce the intake of spicy foods. Eat more fruits, vegatables, and lean meat.
- Subjective symptoms disappear.
- Feel energetic.
- Sense of hunger (Appetite increases, but body weight stabilizes).
- Sleep more deeply and soundly. Sleeping hours will be reduced but you will wake up refreshed.
- Improved defecation (normal urination and smooth bowel movements).
- Vertigo reactions: (a concept in Chinese medicine; the symptoms will become worse before they become better, because the causes of the diseases are being eliminated.) After taking Lingzhi for three days, slight vertigo reactions may result. It is not a side effect. Please continue to use. It is just a result of its efficacy, and the reactions will be different for each individual. Not everyone will experience this reaction, as it depends on the amount of toxins in the body that are being eliminated.
In general, one who has a hypersensitive constitution, or who takes large amounts of chemical drugs will easily have such a reaction. Sometimes, urticaria may appear on the face or the body, or even in the mouth. Also, one may have edema, diarrhea, stomcah ache, fever, tinnitus, blood pressure variations and increased excretion. These are not side effects. Do not worry. Continue to use. The symptoms will lessen or disappear very soon.
Some phenomena resulting from herbal medicines or alimentary therapeutics are often mistaken as side effects of the drug. Actually, when these symptoms occur, the disease will be cured gradually. Some traditional therapists even emphasized, "No vertigo reactions, no cure".
Vertigo Reactions = Improvement Reactions = Detoxification
- When an acidic constitution changes to an alkaline one (on improved condition), the toxic substances within the body are being discharged. At this moment, different reactions will appear, generally within 3-10 days. Symptoms vary from one individual to another; for some they may be light, for others they may be more severe. It depends on one's constitution. When the symptoms disappear, one may feel very comfortable and energetic.
- When the body constitution is acidic, blood will be turbid. Diseases will appear in different organs. Be sure you do not develop an acidic body constitution.
When the reaction is severe, the following symptoms could occur:
a. Acidic Constitution
1) Very sleepy, even in the day time.
2) Thirsty and dry mouth.
3) Urination at night and flatulence with frequent farts.
- Hypertension : heaviness in the head, which may last for 1-2 weeks
- Anemia : nose bleeding, mostly happening on women.
- Gastric disturbances : heat in the chest, poor appetite.
- Gastric ulcer : pain at the affected part.
- Gastroptosis : feeling heavy in the stomach, hiccough.
- Enteropathy : diarrhea.
- Hepatopathy : hiccough or vomiting
- Cirrhosis of the liver : stool with blood stain.
- Renal disease : protein level may suddenly drop, slight edema in the face.
- Diabetes : blood sugar may rise, slight edema in the hands and feet.
- Hemorrhoids : bleeding may occur occasionally.
Occurrence of Vertigo Reactions:
- Nine out of ten people who consume Lingzhi may have these reactions.
- Patients who experience vertigo reactions will have faster results from Lingzhi,
while patients who do not will have slower recovery.
- Length of vertigo reactions: a light reaction may last 2-5 days; a severe one 7-30 days.
- If the reaction is serious, reduce the dosage or see a doctor to relieve the symptoms
first, then continue to consume until the reaction subsides.
- Some may experience the reaction 3-10 days after beginning treatment with Lingzhi.
Some may have the reaction 2-3 months later. The reaction may recur, unless the
disease has been completely cured.
Why Lingzhi seems to be ineffective for some people
In general, after consuming one bottle, one may feel its effects. If you take it
continuously, it will improve your health. However, some people may experience no
effects at all. The reasons are as listed below:
- It was not taken regularly or the recommended dosage was not followed.
- Stopped using when the vertigo reactions occurred.
- Diet, exercise and style of living not well regulated.
- Illness has lasted too long or too many chemical drugs have been used. The toxins
within the body have got to be fully discharged.
- The severity of the illness varies after beginning treatment. Patients lose their
confidence, so they stop taking it. When the disease has not been completely
cured, there will be an oscillating phenomenon, but pain and symptoms may be
alleviated gradually. Continue to use.
- Psychological factors : give up consumption upon listening to negative views of
Appendix 2 : Report from Japan
The Japanese medical field has confirmed the positive efficacy of
Recently, physicians all over the world are concerned about high quality medicines.
A new medical term'Adaptogen' has been coined to indicate the specific effects of Lingzhi.
After long term research and experiments done by major hospitals and research institutes in Japan, Lingzhi's positive effects have been confirmed in every respect, especially its hemocatharsis effect, i.e. improves blood circulation and revitalizes body cells. It allows the internal organs to function properly, improves a weak constitution, and enhances the immune system. It has an exceptional efficacy in treating diseases caused by poor circulation. It is helpful in maintaining health and for a healthy appearance.
The Japanese medical field is surprised and has acknowledged its positive effects on the following diseases:
- Hypertension and hypotension
- Cardiac disease originating from hypertension and hematoma
- Cerebral apoplexy, high blood sugar, blood vessel obstruction
- Menopausal disturbances, gynecological diseases
- Constipation, hemorrhoids
- Chronic hepatitis
- Urination difficulties, frequent urination
- Gastric diseases, duodenal ulcers
- Hypersensitivity, including nasal sensitivity and chronic rhinitis
- Chronic bronchitis, asthma
- Arthritis, lumbago, rheumatism (after middle age)
- Insomnia, lethargy, neurasthenia
- Skin rashes due to hypersensitivity, athlete's foot, and ringworm due to hematoma
It may sound strange that Lingzhi has an inversive effect, i.e. it can both raise and lower down blood pressure. Actually, because Lingzhi is capable of harmonizing body functions and increasing the natural healing ability of the body, it can strengthen the immune system, especially for the middle aged.
With Lingzhi, some people may experience reactions after beginning treatment. Some may have dizziness, weakness, itching or frequent defecation and urination. These are normal phenomena, indicating that the positive effects have begun to the toxic deposits and eliminate them out of the body. Patients with diabetes may lose a large amount of sugar, patients with rheumatism may have temporary but intense pain. These phenomena are purely normal and functional adjustments within the body. It is nothing but the performance of its efficacy. Depending on one's personal constitution, the reactions will disappear in a few days.
Since Lingzhi is a natural medicine, it can be used with other western drugs. It causes no adverse effects, and is capable of counteracting the side effects of western drugs.
Ganoderma (Lingzhi) - A Miraculous Herb Publisher. Double Crane Enterprise Co. Ltd. April, 2002 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED